Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our photographers in Chile after the earthquake

Just wanted to write a quick note about our photographers in Chile after hearing the news about the massive earthquake there last night. Chile is used to earthquakes and is well prepared, but the huge size of this earthquake is rare, and we hope all is well with our photographers there, particularly Ricardo Carrasco Stuparich, who lives very close to the epicentre in ConcepciĆ³n. I emailed him last night when I first heard of the earthquake but have not had a reply yet.

I have vistied Chile three times, and it is one of my favorite countries. I hope to take my family down there to experience its extraordinary beauty sometime in the future. Wishing you all the best! Hasta Luego!



A beach near Concepcion, Chile 2001


UPDATE: I have just heard from Ricardo, and he and his family are all fine, but he says the situation looks bad in other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment